Noisette est épuisée, elle allaite 7 petits !
of granules offered
of granules necessary
These 250 hens from a French livestock farming are completely emaciated and starving.
Following an SOS, the Ulyan sanctuary rescued more than 400 hens that were due to go to the slaughterhouse.
Raised in batteries since their birth, they are emaciated, plucked and weakened.
Ulyan has managed to get the strongest ones adopted, but the 250 weakest hens are too fragile, they must remain in the sanctuary.
Emeline, President of the association, no longer knows how to feed them, and asks us to intervene.
We want to send 1300 kg of granules urgently to help them.
At only 18 months old, all the hens rescued by the association were declared spent. Locked up all their lives in indoor buildings, and subjected to intensive egg-laying, they quickly weaken and are sent to the slaughterhouse as soon as their productivity drops, despite their young age.
Driven by the desire to make them discover another life, a breeder agreed to sell them to charities to prevent them from being slaughtered. The association Ulyan has already rescued more than 400 of them, but is now struggling to feed them!
Kept in indoor buildings and restricted spaces, subjected to an intensive laying rate and fed at a minimum, battery chickens are under an immense and constant stress.
Physically exhausted, all the rescued hens have a pale crest, are too thin, and are heavily plucked. They are also totally confused by this rhythm, and must be strongly assisted: "They have never seen the sun, and they don't even know how to eat grains. We have to teach them everything," said Emeline, President of the association, shortly after their rescue.
They absolutely need food so they can recover!
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before July 15th.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected pellets will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
Emeline, who intervened after various SOSs had been sent to her, did not hesitate for a second to save these hundreds of hens. But at the head of a real sanctuary that already has hundreds of animals, she is beset by expenses and will not be able to feed them for long.
"I keep buying and buying, but it takes on the care of other animals," she told us a few days ago. "We really need help to feed them."
"Our association cares for more than 400 animals, rescued from farms or breeders. There is only us both to care for them, without subsidies.... To feed them, I have to draw on my income as a nursing assistant ! "explains Emeline.
The food to be supplied continuously, the medical expenses that accumulate for these surviving animals, the whole situation is unsustainable for them, we must help them.
This collection is organized by the association Ulyan, chaired by Emeline. The 1300 kilos of pellets collected will be delivered to Emeline to feed the 250 hens hosted at the sanctuary.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.
When associations register on our platform, we always inspect their legal status : according to the law, all our partner associations are legally registered in their home country.
Our team ensures communication with the beneficiary association before each collection.
It allows us to check the truthfulness of the association's request for the animal.
We communicate a lot with the associations during our interviews, but we are not looking to exaggerate the current situation: only facts are presented.
Only products (blankets, food...) are collected, we never send money. All collected products are directly and only sent to help animals: no misappropriation possible
We entirely take care of the transportation of the collected products to the association taking care of the assisted animal. So, we follow the goods in real time, and we ensure its good reception at destination.
We are committed to publishing pictures of each delivery made once the goods have been received.
You will be able to see by youself the good reception of your donations where the animal is located, and how the association is using it.
We ensure your datas' confidentiality : the donations made on the website are totally anonymous to the beneficiary associations. Your data will never be used for recovery actions by associations.
If the collection fails, we will systematically refund all of your donations.
Even if a collection is not completed, we can always proceed to a refund of all the donations you made. Just ask us ; these refunds are not charged.*
* Only your donations on undelivered collections can be the subject of a refund request.