Kimini a été retrouvée en hypothermie, seule, en pleine forêt !
of dry food offered
of dry food necessary
In Romania, this shelter is out of food to feed its 123 dogs, they will starve to death!
Confronted with the death of several dogs in recent weeks, Luminita is devastated.
She no longer manages to buy kibbles, the dogs are starving.
We went there on August 1, the situation is critical.
We would like to send 3000 kg of kibble as a matter of urgency.
The dogs rescued at the shelter are often very vulnerable when Luminita comes to their rescue: puny and malnourished, they sometimes suffer from diseases, or have to face various injuries.
Despite all her efforts, Luminita is unable to save them all, many of them have died in recent weeks. The chronic lack of kibble she has been facing since last spring does not allow the dogs to be strong enough to fight!
For several weeks, Luminita has not been able to bring enough food to the shelter. Only 20kg had been purchased at the time of our visit, less than a third of the ration needed for the 123 dogs welcomed....
"Today I managed to work only 58 lei (Editor's note: about 12 euros), I will try to go urgently after food" she told us on August 7.
A day-to-day life, which Luminita tries to maintain as best she can, by supplementing the rations with bread or a few leftovers when she finds them, but this is far from enough for the dogs.
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before August 14.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
The number of dogs at the shelter is constantly increasing, and intensifies the difficulties encountered by Luminita. But it is impossible for her to deny the existence of these dogs suffering in the streets, and to abandon them to their fate: "I think I am crazy, I can't leave them when I see them, I don't sleep at night"
Without her, many dogs would have died outside, we must support her in her fight.
Working as a real estate agent, Luminita uses most of her salary to finance the shelter and the daily maintenance of the dogs. A sacrifice that also causes her a lot of stress because the survival of all the dogs hosted lies on her shoulders....
But with the increase in the number of dogs, her efforts have become insufficient, and she does not earn enough to meet the shelter's expenses: "I don't know what I'm going to do crazy about the thought of not being able to feed them" she says.
The association Remember me is trying to help Luminita and her dogs. Benefiting from a wider network, particularly in France, it regularly takes in dogs from Luminita's shelter to offer them for adoption, thus relieving the shelter's population.
Their team also does its best to help her out on a daily basis, sometimes with a few kibbles, sometimes with veterinary care, but is confronted with her own limitations. At the head of its own shelter, which hosts hundreds of dogs, the association has to face many direct expenses, and cannot buy kibbles for Luminita's shelter.
Luminita fought for a long time to put an end to the euthanasia practiced by the town hall in its pound, and finally won the case. An agreement having been signed, euthanasia will remain suspended as long as Luminita's shelter exists.
"I created my association in 2009, following a long battle with the municipality to have it close its pound. She agreed to close the pound but told us to manage on our own to finance our shelter, because there was already another one," explains Luminita.
If Luminita no longer manages to maintain the shelter, the agreement will be declared null and void, and euthanasia may resume!
Luminita has been involved in her association for 10 years, and in animal protection even before that. And despite the difficulties encountered, she cannot imagine abandoning the street dogs to their sad fate "This world is so cruel to these animals that God sends me to them and does not allow me to give up" she states.
But the last few months have been particularly difficult for her, and Luminita is also struggling with her own health problems.
We must help her!
If the collection succeeds, the food will leave directly from our logistics centre in Romania! So we can act very quickly, let's help Luminita and her 123 dogs to get kibble!
This collection is organized by the association Axi Hope Romania, of which Luminita is the president. The 3000 kg of kibbles collected will be delivered to Luminita to feed the 123 dogs in the shelter.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.