Dry food offered
Dry food necessary
There is no longer dog food at the recovery center : dogs are eating rice! This is a dangerous diet, many already died...
In Morocco, "Comme Chiens et Chats Maroc" association no longer has kibble to feed its 50 dogs: several already died.
Alerted of the terrible situation, a member of our team went on site yesterday to find out more and meet Hind, the president.
Desperate, she feeds her dogs with rice, but this protein-free diet kills them.
Hind tried everything to collect kibble: calls to foundations, to the Government, SOS on Facebook, nothing worked!
We promised her to start this collection, if she succeeds we will bring 3 000 kg of kibble ourselves (we will publish photos and news).
We are her only hope, let's save the 50 dogs left in the recovery center !
With only 120 kilos of kibble offered per month by a generous donor, it is impossible for Hind to feed all dogs properly ...
To overcome the lack of kibble, the association "Comme Chiens et Chats Maroc" has no choice but to ration the dogs: a mixture of rice and milk is distributed to them.
"Comme Chiens et Cats"'s recovery center welcomes abused, sick, abandoned or dying dogs. All supported by a veterinarian on their arrival at the center, they are in a state of extreme fragility and can not heal without a suitable diet!
An agreement with the City Council allowed Hind to stop public slaughter of street dogs. The town had promised her a place and enough funds to, in return, neuter and vaccinate all stray dogs before releasing them.
Unfortunately, the place was so bad that the association had to rebuild everything with its own money.
The Town Hall has not honored all its promises of funding, Hind accumulates debts with the vets, and must take care of feeding the dogs that are recovering.
No volunteers help her in her daily struggle, only the two employees of the center allow her to keep her job on the side. An additional charge for the association ...
We can come into action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before the 24/04.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
When we met Hind, she told us about the horrors of the streets: dogs are found seriously injured, sick, dying ...
It is hard for the association to take care of all this misery without any financial support!
With an estimated population of around 2 million street dogs, Morocco has been carrying out mass slaughter operations at regular intervals for decades.
Dogs are poisoned with strychnine, or shot with a gun, usually in the spring: before the arrival of tourists, or any other important international event.
"For 40 years, we've been killing, poisoning, slaughtering. I know there are many stray dogs, but it is not aneffective solution, unfortunately it only increases the problem"
Despite her health issues, Hind fights for the animals harder and harder. For years now, she has been fighting to educate Moroccans to eradicate animal cruelty.
Today she is exhausted, we want to help this extraordinary woman to improve the daily lives of Moroccan street dogs by sending her kibble!
The 3 000 kg will be used to feed the 50 dogs hosted at the recovery center.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.