Snow has been abandoned and doesn't know how to survive on her own!
Dry food offered
Dry food necessary
The 70 dogs in this Romanian shelter have been rationed for several weeks and will starve to death!
Flora can no longer find kibble, she sends us a genuine SOS.
We went to her shelter on June 27th, there were only 5 kg of kibbles left.
Dogs don't eat every day, even bread is a luxury...
Flora already dedicates her small salary to them, and accumulates debts.
Despite her SOS, no international foundation intervenes, the only foreign association involved asks us to help Flora.
We would like to send 2400 kg of kibble as a matter of urgency.
To make up for the lack of food, Flora brings dry bread to the 70 dogs instead, the only way for them to forget about their hunger...
For several weeks now, getting kibble has become a real problem for Flora. Already in debt with her kibble supplier, she only manages to buy very small quantities, insufficient to feed the 70 dogs she cares for. "Right now I have no food left, they eat dry bread. There are times when I have nothing left to feed them, bread is a luxury. The help is at random, I'm desperate! "she told us shortly before our visit.
Flora works as a teacher, and earns only a small salary: a situation that does not allow her to build proper pens or shelter. "I don't have a fence, pens or cages," Flora explains with regret.
"The shelter is actually Flora's house. She lives in just one room, with a few dogs and cats. The other rooms are used as boxes for the rest of the dogs" explained George, our caseworker, upon his return from the visit.
But the lack of food makes the dogs more sensitive, they bite the equipment Flora managed to install as best she can to prevent them from sleeping on the concrete, and reduce everything to pieces...
At the time of our visit, Flora was already in debt of several hundred euros, both for veterinary care and for dog food.
Overtaken by the situation, to which she sees no way out, she considers closing the shelter "This collection is my last hope. If it fails, I would have to sell my house, and the dogs would have nowhere else to go," she told us during our visit...
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before July 6th.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
Flora's commitment to abandoned animals dates back to 2006. When she embarked on this adventure, she thought the most difficult thing was to act on the ground, and that by managing this, adoptions and supports would follow: "Instead, people leave dogs in front of my house, because they know I will take care of them," she regrets. "I keep crying for help, but no charity comes to see my situation and that of the animals."
Her contacts with international associations and foundations have been in vain, with the exception of one German association, RespekTIERE, which sends her food 2 to 3 times a year. But the quantities provided are far from covering the needs of dogs all year round.... "She tries everything to give the dogs a better life. she needs urgently food. so when you can help the dogs at her, I would be very thankful " Maxi, President of the association, told us a few days before our visit.
Flora is supported by a handful of individuals, who help her as much as they can, and when they can. The help they provide is essential to Flora and means a lot to her. But it is largely insufficient for the needs of a shelter of 70 dogs, which also has 28 cats....
Facebook calls and online collections have also been tried, but with very low results so far, Flora no longer knows how to do it!
Flora has always been touched by the animal cause, and has been helping abandoned animals in Romania for many years. As a teacher, she divides her life between her professional commitment and her shelter. Her personal life is sacrificed: "All my personal life suffers, I have no time to see anyone, family or friends" she explained.
At this stage, her hope is twofold: that the collection will be successful, and that other animal lovers will see her story and will want to help her
If the collection is successful, the dry food will leave directly from our logistics platform in Romania! So we can act very quickly, and help Flora's 70 dogs to get kibble.
This collection is organized by the association PIA 2010, chaired by Flora. The 2400 kilos of kibble collected will be delivered to Flora to feed the 70 dogs welcomed at the shelter.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.