Lune's owner burned her eyes out with hydroalcoholic gel!
Dry food offered
Dry food necessary
Oliviu's shelter is facing a new food shortage, his 260 dogs will starve to death!
Following a call from Oliviu, we went to the shelter on July 8th.
At the time of our visit, there were only 60 kg of kibbles left, a piddling amount for 260 dogs.
The shelter hosts many elderly dogs, already weakened by the deprivation they experienced during the last food shortage.
We want to help them, by sending 3000 kg of kibble as a matter of urgency.
The association now hosts 260 dogs, divided between two shelters. Among them, many dogs are over 10 years old, and often suffer from various diseases that make them vulnerable.
The Animal Webaction community rallied last April to help them at the height of the food shortage by sending 4800 kg of kibble. But all the dogs had to be rationed before our intervention, including the seniors...
When we visited Oliviu on July 8th, there were only 60 kg of kibbles left: we must avoid a new shortage for them.
Following our intervention, Oliviu managed to set up new local partnerships, which now allow him to collect chicken skins as well as some varied remains to supplement the kibbles.
This precious help allowed him to make the dog food we had sent him last longer than expected, but cannot be self-sufficient: it represents at best only 30% of the necessary supplies for the dogs!
With 260 dogs to care for, the costs increase very quickly: medical care of all kinds, maintenance, rescues, etc... not to mention food, with nearly 3 tons of kibble needed every month
With 260 dogs to care for, Oliviu has multiple sources of expenses: medical care, maintenance, rescues and trips are in addition to the already high food costs.
To date, a debt of more than 2000€ is still outstanding for veterinary care, Oliviu can't go deeper into debt to replenish the kibble stock.
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before July 14th.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
"I was a part-time consulting engineer, but there was too much to do at the two sites where we keep the dogs, and certainly not enough volunteers available to do the daily tasks. That's how I decided to quit my job."
Oliviu now devotes his days to the dogs cared for by the association, divided between two shelters (the maximum capacity of the first having been reached). Alone to take care of 260 dogs, from cleaning the pens to visiting the vet, Oliviu has no room for manoeuvre to work in parallel with the shelter, and very few resources.
Oliviu and his supporters have exchanged with several foreign associations and foundations in the hope of establishing new partnerships. Unfortunately, no exchange has yet led to a formal partnership.
"Most of them are somewhat scared by the big amount of dogs. They are pretty reticent to start a full partnership with Speranta shelter since they are not sure if they can cope with the amount of dogs" explains Oliviu.
Oliviu's determination to help Romanian dogs is not affected by the difficulties encountered. However, he is aware that the situation has been worrying for months, and would like someone to provide him with help, whether to finance the actions or to assist him on the ground.
"there are so many things to do in order to improve the dogs situation from Romania, you might not even imagine how much help is needed" he concluded during our visit...
If the collection succeeds, the kibble will leave directly from our logistics centre in Romania. So we can act very quickly, and help Oliviu's 260 dogs to get food.
This collection is organized by the association Speranta Pentru Animale, chaired by Oliviu. The 3000 kilos of kibble collected will be delivered to Oliviu to feed the 260 dogs hosted at the shelter
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.