Dolly faisait les poubelles quand nous l’avons trouvée !
of dry food offered
of dry food necessary
There no more kibble at the pound, dogs eat staple bread, this diet will kill them!
SOS Public Shelter in Bosnia: 100 dogs are fed with staple bread, they will not survive this protein free diet!
The City Hall doesn't have enough funds to buy kibble, the foundations don't help and the Government doesn't answer Nejira's cries for help ...
We want to act quickly by sending 2160 kilos of kibble to the Public Shelter.
Dogs at Zunovnica pound in Bosnia all have a history of violence and abandonment. Locked behind the bars of their boxes, they are condemned to wait for a family to adopt them.
Unfortunately, weakened by their painful history, they must now undergo the bread-based diet that is imposed on them ...
Volunteers spend their salary on buying kibble, but they can't afford it anymore! By spite, and to avoid hunger fights, they bring bread to the 100 dogs of the pound ... This diet is dangerous and might kill them!
The City Hall must work with the budget allocated by the Government. Unfortunately, it is not adapted to the number of dogs gathered at the pound!
Without Nejira and the volunteers, the dogs would only eat from time to time ... The kibble budget to daily feed 100 dogs is extremely expensive, and volunteers can not keep up with this fast pace.
No association has the means to make up for this lack, and the Government does not answer the incessant request of the volunteers to give them a bigger budget ... We are their last hope!
All of Nejira's salary is used to save the dying dogs from the pound. Thanks to her, dogs arriving sick or injured are immediately taken care of by the veterinarian!
Today, she is facing a dilemma: how can one continue to save all dogs without being able to feed them properly ...?
We can swing into action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before July 31.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors
To be able to face all these expenses, the volunteers must ask for help all the time. But their efforts often remain unanswered ...
Thanks to Nejira and her fellow volunteers, Zunovnica's dogs live in better conditions at the pound. However, it is still very difficult to offer them enough food while continuing to treat them properly ...
As the City Hall can't provide enough kibble, Nejira spends her own salary to prevent the dogs from being hungry. Today her savings are all gone, so she must give bread to the dogs ...
In 1995, when the war in Bosnia ended, the streets were full of stray dogs: the crisis and famine no longer allowed the inhabitants to support them.. A dark period then began for street dogs that had proliferated massively: harassment, torture and violent mass slaughter had become the daily lot of abandoned dogs.
In 2009, in order to stop such a massacre, the government enforced a law prohibiting the capture and murder of dogs in pounds without prior veterinary advice.
But here's the thing: if this law tasted like victory to some, the lure of profit led some private pounds to charge the government for the purchase of phantom equipment.
Today, pounds catch, torture and kill stray dogs illegally in order to collect state subsidies. Corruption is not reported in the media, and private shelters try to save dogs that pass through the nets of illegal pounds...
This collection is organized by Humans for Them. The 2 160 kilos of kibble collected will be delivered to its president Nejira to feed the 100 dogs gathered at Zunovnica's Public Shelter.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.