Noiraud, Gus, Rouky, Gribouille and Perle were thrown in the bin!
Dry food offered
Dry food necessary
In Romania, this shelter no longer has any kibble for its 380 dogs, they will starve to death!
We were at the shelter on October 6th.
Maria-Cristina has no more kibbles, the dogs are already weakened by lack and poor quality food.
The disease season is in full swing, several dogs have already died.
Evicted from her former shelter this summer, Maria-Cristina did the impossible to save these dogs....
But today she can no longer feed them, she begs us to help her.
We would like to send 4800 kg of kibble as a matter of urgency.
The arrival of autumn, rain and drops in temperature coincides with the arrival of diseases, which are much more prevalent during the cold and humid seasons at the shelter.... Parvovirus has already caused havoc among the puppies sheltered by Maria-Cristina, she knows that the worst is yet to come.
To limit the number of diseases and guarantee the best chances of survival for dogs, it is essential to ensure that everyone can eat enough, but her stock of kibble is exhausted!
"We have food until Monday," she told us on October 11, knowing that it is impossible for her to renew the stock...
With 380 dogs to care for, 200 kg of kibbles are needed every day. The needs are too high to be met by Maria-Cristina.
Forced to limit quantities, buy low quality dry food, and use nutrient-free alternatives such as bread and pasta, she can only see the consequences of this diet on the dogs' health.
Their immune system is weakened, they suffer from skin problems and digestive disorders: they absolutely need kibbles to survive the winter!
This summer, Maria-Cristina was forced to move the shelter urgently, a very difficult task with 380 dogs! Because her presence bothered the authorities and the neighbours on her former land, her expulsion was ordered, only a move could save the animals.
Maria-Cristina has done her utmost to achieve this, but the last few months have been extremely challenging for her, and there is still a long way to go.
The new shelter still lacks many facilities to allow the dogs to face winter, and Maria-Cristina is under the yoke of a fine of several thousand euros following her expulsion.... It is impossible for her to buy kibble!
Maria-Cristina keeps sending SOS, with food as the first reason: she has been struggling for weeks to feed the dogs in the shelter.
But her requests remain without major effect.... Unable to make a stock of kibbles, she has no choice but to live from day to day, hoping to be able to buy some kibbles the next day...
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before October 18th.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
Maria-Cristina has been fighting for the animal cause for many years, with an extraordinary willingness and resistance. But the last few months have affected her deeply, to the point of making her wonder if her dedication is really worth it.
Overwhelmed by the animal suffering that permeates the country, she needs help and support at all costs to have the strength to continue her fight "At this point, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO with almost 400 dogs to care and feed every day, and almost every day new cases of sick, abandoned, injured..." she says.
From Germany, the association Hilfe Statt Trost e.V. does everything it can to support Maria-Cristina, but is itself confronted with limited resources and impact. The help it manages to provide, including for kibbles, does not cover more than 30% of the shelter's needs.
She was the one who first contacted us to ask us to intervene before the situation deteriorates....
"They are my everything, I am there every day to watch over them". Every single day of every week, without exception, Maria takes care of her 380 dogs. Alone most of the time, she told us about her dismay: how to let the dogs starve in pain when none of them asked to live in so much misery?
Without ever giving up, Maria continues to fight. But the suffering and difficulties she faces on a daily basis are deeply affecting her.
"My life is no more, my life belongs to the dogs. Please, please help us."
If the collection succeeds, the collected food will leave directly from our logistics centre in Romania. So we can act very quickly, and help Maria-Cristina's 380 dogs to get kibble.
This collection is organised by the German association Hilfe Statt Trost e.V., the 4800 kg of kibble collected will be delivered to Maria to feed the 380 dogs at her shelter.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.