Pipo vient d'être opéré en urgence !
of dry food offered
of dry food necessary
In Romania, this shelter has no more kibbles for its 450 dogs !
Called for help, we went to the shelter on October 31.
There will be no food left from November 8th on : Lucian, the veterinarian in charge of the shelter, is very worried.
Neither the town hall nor the shelter can buy food anymore, they ask us to intervene.
The shelter is the only hope for hundreds of abandoned dogs.
We want to help them by sending 4200 kg of kibble as a matter of urgency.
In recent weeks, new rescues have kept happening relentlessly, the shelter is now at full capacity, with 450 dogs cared for.
Among them, there are nearly 70 puppies and 150 elderly dogs, not to mention all the dogs recently rescued who still suffer from injuries, sickness or malnourishment.
Particularly fragile, they struggle to survive at the shelter, several have already died in recent weeks. They absolutely need kibble to survive the winter!
"I fear for the winter. My greatest hope is to have enough food stock for the upcoming months" Lucian told us during our visit on October 31, and also said he was under constant stress.
As a veterinarian, Lucian is doing his best to ensure the survival of abandoned dogs, but he knows that even his best efforts will not be enough to fight malnutrition. "Most health issues usually appear because of lack of food and the low quality of it. They do not get the needed intake of nutrients and their immune system weakens."
Following our visit, Lucian managed to buy a few bags of low-quality kibble, not without difficulty, but everything will be used up again on November 8 th.
Affected by the fate of dogs captured and locked up in municipal pounds, where abuse and euthanasia await them too often, volunteers regularly intervene to rescue as many of them as possible.
Orastie, Golesti or Roman for the most recent ones, dozens of dogs have been rescued and taken to the shelter in recent months, with a real chance of being adopted.
In October, more than 15 dogs were rescued from Roman's pound, many of them are still very weak, they need kibbles!
Thanks to the shelter and Lucian's commitment, the municipal pound has been shut down, and the shelter now takes care of all the abandoned dogs in the area.
A very heavy responsibility, with many costs that the association has more and more difficulty to face!
If the town hall finances the salary of an employee at the shelter, it no longer has any budget to help with other expenses, let alone to buy kibble. The shelter is therefore alone in the face of the immensity of work and expenses...
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before November 10th.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
The lack of food jeopardizes the lives of the 450 dogs who live at the shelter today, but also of all the other abandoned dogs who will no longer be able to be rescued tomorrow. On the street, injured, sick or condemned to euthanasia in neighbouring pounds, these dogs will not have access to a second chance.
"Not having enough food minimizes the chances of offering each dog the chance to live and eventually be adopted by a family" says Lucian, really saddened by the situation.
The land on which the shelter is built belongs to Lucian's family: Remember me Land could never have existed without him! Veterinarian and manager of the shelter on site, his dedication to stray animals is total.
Where many veterinarians refused to operate on dogs because they did not see any possible improvements, Lucian never lost hope: the shelter saw many miracles born thanks to his incredible involvement.
"This appeal is not just about collecting food, but about giving a chance at life" he said during our visit.
If the collection succeeds, the food will leave directly from our logistics centre in Romania! So we can act very quickly, let's help Alina, Anda and their 250 dogs to have kibbles!
This collection is organized by the Remember Me France association. The 4200 kg collected will be delivered to Lucian to feed the 450 dogs hosted at the Remember Me Land shelter.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.