Roho has been rescued from the pound!
Dry food offered
Dry food necessary
In this Bosniac shelter is feeding its 110 dogs with bread : the weakest won't survive winter without kibble!
To answer Maya's SOS, we visited her shelter on November 24th.
The winter in Bosnia is extremely rough, the weakest dogs won't survive without kibble.
We want to help her by sending 2100 kilos of dry food in emergency!
The winter is extremely harsh in Bosnia: to maintain their body temperature and fight against the cold, dogs must have a suitable diet. Unfortunately, kibbles are expensive and the bread allows Maya to fill their stomach to avoid fights ...
The temperatures are already very low and Maya can not afford to buy more kibble: their bread-based diet will not save them from winter!
In an attempt to keep her last bags of kibble, Maya rationed the dogs with bread. If this solution were to be temporary, it is actually lasting for too long now, and will not allow dogs to protect themselves from the cold ... The most fragile ones may not survive until next spring!
Maya's shelter is regularly visited by the authorities who constantly impose changes to the place. Maya can not afford to refuse, because she will have to close the shelter and all the dogs would be on the street again.
Despite all her efforts to keep the shelter open, she spends a lot of money on repairs: she does not have enough to pay the debts to the veterinarian, nor to get kibble ...
Maya is supported by small associations and a few individuals who help her in the financing of work and daily purchases. But without regular financial resources, donations are not enough to feed the dogs properly.
However, Maya has tried to look for new donors, without success ...
We can take action, we have already booked a truck and pallets, but we have to pay it before December 2d.
If the collection fails, we will not be able to pay, the departure of the truck will be cancelled and none of the collected kibbles will be delivered...
If the collection fails, we will refund all donors.
It becomes very difficult for Maya to manage the shelter alone: debts, diseases, and the Government pressuring her only exacerbate her feeling of loneliness and injustice.
She needs help to keep the shelter open and continue to adopt street dogs, who without her help would have no chance of surviving on the streets of Bosnia ...
In 1995, when the war in Bosnia ended, the streets were full of stray dogs: the crisis and famine no longer allowed the inhabitants to support them.. A dark period then began for street dogs that had proliferated massively: harassment, torture and violent mass slaughter had become the daily lot of abandoned dogs.
In 2009, in order to stop such a massacre, the government enforced a law prohibiting the capture and murder of dogs in pounds without prior veterinary advice.
If this law tasted like victory to some, the lure of profit led some private pounds to charge the government for the purchase of phantom equipment.
Today, pounds catch, torture and kill stray dogs illegally in order to collect state subsidies. Corruption is not reported in the media, and private shelters try to save dogs that pass through the nets of illegal pounds...
This collection is organized by the association Hope VMS, Maya is the president. The 2100 kilos of food will be delivered to to feed the 110 dogs gathered at her shelter.
- Animal Webaction has been helping more than 833 animal welfare associations over the past 5 years, with more than 1,967 deliveries in 8 countries (see photos).
- We make sure to contact each partner association, inquire to ensure its reliability and always ask for supporting documents.
- Our partner associations only receive physical products, which means we never send money. When you offer 10kg of food, we deliver 10kg of food to the association.
- We also deal with transportation ourselves, and make sure all the products collected are properly brought where the association needs them to be, so a quick delivery is guaranteed.
- We will notify you by email as soon as the product bought thanks to your donation has been delivered.
- We will ask the association to take pictures of the food received, and will send you these pictures.
- The payment of donations is 100% secured by Paypal (no obligation to have a Paypal account), and by credit card.
- If you change your mind, we will refund your donation upon request, without charge or proof of any kind.
- If unfortunately the collection fails, we will not deliver anything, we will refund you the full amount of your donation.